First Ever Podcast Episode!
"Youth is no promise of innovation and age is no promise of experience." - Nabeel Alamgir
This post is very special as it is the very first podcast episode that I have done. Nabeel Alamgir is a good friend of mine who is an excellent example of what it means to be an innovator and leader. As Director of Marketing at BareBurger, I wanted to interview him to see what his thoughts were on college and what he believes to be good advice that all college students should listen to. Given that this is my very first podcast episode, there wasn’t necessarily any particular format I was following (I just had a list of questions I wanted to ask him).
This conversation covers surviving college, what advice he would give to his children if they were starting college, tips for student entrepreneurs, and some of his childhood history when he arrived into the United States. You can follow Nabeel on Twitter here. Also, check out his startup, Linute, and start making your campus life more lively!
- Interview Starts. [0:36]
- Nabeel’s background. [1:10]
- It’s actually Martin Scorsese. [2:50]
- If Nabeel could give advice to his 18-year-old self. [7:35]
- If Nabeel had a child. [11:44]
- Do grades matter? [14:07]
- What do you look for in a team member? [18:03]
- Does a resumé accurately show a candidate’s potential? [20:20]
- What role does a person’s social media play in the interview process? [23:19]
- The advice he would give a student entrepreneur. [28:55]
- Nabeel’s one book suggestion… [31:33]
*The high school program he was talking about is: https://veinternational.org/
Book mentioned at the end: “The Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho
If you found this article useful, click here to subscribe to my newsletter: SUBSCRIBE
- Are You Ready For The 2016 Job Hunt? (12 min. read)
- 13 Insanely Cool Resumes That Landed Interviews at Google and Other Top Jobs
- 10 Must-Read Business Books for 2016