New York, NY August 2011 – June 2016
Bachelor of Arts in Music Theory, minor in English.
New York, NY June 2016 – Current
Freelance Project Manager
- Lead and manage a +30 person, internal cross-functional team (including Media Strategy/Planning, Media Buying and Analytics) throughout the overall project planning, execution and resource management for assigned digital/social media projects.
- Communicate with internal teams around timelines, process and deliverables and track key project milestones through daily status reports.
- Lead and schedule necessary project-related meetings such as kickoffs, brainstorms, and deliverable reviews.
- Partner with Business Operations to assist in reconciliation of billing per project.
New York, NY September 2016 – June 2016
Digital Marketing Coordinator
- Training senior strategists, fellow coordinators, and new hires on marketing within LinkedIn. Focusing on group management, content distribution strategy, and profile optimization for client accounts.
- Manage 27 client accounts, publishing on their social media channels to create and enhance online relationships with distributors, engineers, and industrial B2B procurement managers.
- Assist in sales calls to acquire new clients by providing subject matter expertise in social media marketing.
- Creating and managing RPM’s first LinkedIn group for the purpose of boosting SEO for client content and generate leads for RPM.
- Manage all paid Facebook campaigns for all of ThomasNet RPM’s clients.
New York, NY January 2015 – August 2015
Digital Marketing Manager (Volunteer)
- Launched the chapter’s highest grossing workshop series, the Digital Marketing Master Class. Slides can be found here: https://www.slideshare.net/kennysoto
- Managing an of annual marketing and advertising budget $60k to purchase Martech tools and launch paid advertising campaigns on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google AdWords.
- Optimizing SCORE’s social presence on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter to increase user engagement.
- Facilitating weekly client calls with local small business owners, helping them with their SEO and social engagement strategies.
New York, NY June 2016 – August 2016
Digital Marketing Consultant
- Developed ad campaigns on Facebook and Instagram to drive awareness and visitors to Meural.com.
- Grew Facebook total page likes by 31%, video views by 2,137%, and page reach by 122% over a 28-day period.
- Increased Google advertisement average click-through-rate from 0.43% to 1.26% over a 2-month period using match types & single keyword ad groups.
- Boosted Facebook posts to enhance awareness and built up social media likes.
- Achieved proposal approval from senior management to implement new digital marketing software for both influencer outreach and paid search/keyword research methodologies.
New York, NY November 2015 – February 2016
Social Media/Website Design Consultant
- Revamped the bar’s social media advertising campaign with optimized lead targeting and installing Facebook pixels on landing pages for link tracking.
- Created Instagram competitions to increase comment and follower count.
- Redesigned their website to include optimized social media feeds, new blog, and lead funnel.
New York, NY January 2015 – August 2015
Lead Digital Marketing Intern
- Developed skills in keyword research, Google Adwords campaigning, social media content creation, social media analytics, content curating, Search Engine Marketing and Search Engine Optimization.
- Established a marketing system utilizing various online tools to increase Internet traffic by 20% and increased the average number of workshop participants by 60%.
- Worked with other interns to create a new market campaign that could be utilized 10-12 hours a week to constantly increase web traffic on newyorkcity.score.org.
LEADERSHIP & VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
Undergraduate Student Government at CCNY
New York, NY May 2015 – June 2016
- Worked with the team to create club space on the campus that helped to facilitate club collaboration and helped with overall club operations.
- Assured administration and faculty were aware of all student body needs and concerns.
- Managed a team of 29 people.
- Managed an operating budget of $300,000 for Profit and loss management for all 174 clubs.
- Negotiated and managed an additional $12,000 marketing budget for an eight-month campaign targeting teenagers in the tri-state area, under the purview of college administrators.
Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity Inc.
New York, NY June 2014 – December 2014
- Project manager for event planning and fundraising efforts for St. Jude’s children’s hospital, Avon Breast Cancer Walk, and the AIDs Walk.
- Secured $1,400 worth of funding for St. Jude’s hospital and over $2,000 in funds for other charities.
New York, NY June 2013 – June 2014
- In charge of administrative scheduling and business communications with all other executives.
- Proofread both the chapter bylaws and constitution and kept records of all chapter meetings.
- Proposed and implemented an email system for the organization to receive newsletters, committee minutes, and updates to chapter bylaws to improve chapter communication overall by 40%.
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Proficient in Google Analytics & other marketing tools: Google Adwords, Facebook Page Ads and Insights, Content Curating tools including Buffer & BuzzSumo, and keyword research using SEMrush and Google AdWords Keyword Planner Tool.
- Inbound & HubSpot Marketing Software Certified.
- Certified video producer and editor at mnn.org.
- Versed in WordPress and Drupal management.