The Big Problem: Using Our Free Time To Collect New Skills
How we are using this time to grow?
The issue we are facing today is a matter of collecting the right skills. If this new free time we have in our schedule, some of us are trying to educate ourselves. Now is a great time to make our resumes better.
Yet, where do we start? What’s the best approach? Which skills will remain relevant in five years?
I suppose the only way to know is to try. Don’t overthink the process, think about a skill you’ve always wanted to learn. This skill doesn’t need to be directly applicable to your career, so long as you enjoy the process of learning it.
What I’ve decided to do is collect five managerial roles I would love to get in marketing, synthesize the top 5 skills required for those roles, and then find online courses for them.
If you’re in a marketing role and want to up your game, here are some courses I found that may be useful:
- Tableau – elearning.tableau.com
- Google Analytics – https://analytics.google.com/analytics/academy/
- Hubspot – https://www.hubspot.com/resources/courses
- Marketo – https://www.marketo.com/education/training/
- Zapier – https://zapier.com/learn/
- Demand Base – https://www.demandbase.com/resources/training-center/
I’m sure that there are other courses and skills that can help me grow in my marketing career, these are just the ones I’ve found common in many mid-level marketing positions. Again, we all have a lot of time on our hands. How are you going to use it to grow?
Image Credit: Unsplash